Forester and with a Master II in "Development and Land Planning" from the National Agronomic Institute Paris Grignon and University of Science Montpellier II (France). Currently our representative in Senegal, he brings his expertise in forestry management in tropical environments, project management, REDD+ strategies, VCS/CCBA standards and carbon projects.
From 1995 to 2007, he worked as a technician at the Centre Régional de la Propriété Forestière in Normandy and volunteered in several carbon forestry projects in tropical environments before joining the GoodPlanet foundation in Madagascar where he coordinated the Holistic Forest Conservation Program until the end of 2015. After representing Nitidæ in Côte d'Ivoire and implementing the REDD+ Project in the Mé, he is currently our representative in Senegal.
- REDD+ (Reducing Emission from Deforestation and Degradation)
- SALM (Sustainable Agricultural Land Management)
- IWRM (Integrated Water Resource Management)
- Planning, coordination, reporting and communication, impact assessment (carbon, water, biodiversity, socio-economic issues), human resource management, partnerships development (donors, local/national institutions, research institutes, private sector)
Strategic support to (sub)national institutions in charge of REDD+ and IWRM
- Capacity building, writing strategic documents (RPP, ERPD, etc), strategy development, training
Good knowledge of certification process
- Familiar with various certification process: PEFC, ISO, VCS, CCBA, Organic Agriculture, etc
Expert in sustainable forest management
- Sustainable forest management in tropical and temperate environments (forest owner in Normandy), good knowledge : GIS and remote sensing, field measurements (forest biomass, organic carbon), deforestation modelling
- Event planning (e.g. COP side-events), website administration and content, social networking, poster/leaflet/flyer production