Position of the post
This position is based at Adzopé. You will be placed under the direct authority of the Project Manager, based in Abidjan and under the hierarchy of the representative of Nitidæ in Côte d'Ivoire. You will work in close collaboration with the employees and collaborators of Nitidæ within the framework of the project and in particular with the technical referent in charge of forest and climate issues, based in France, as well as the Administrative and Financial Manager of the association, based in in Abidjan.
As a forestry technicians/botanists, your main mission will be to carry out botanical and biomass inventories of cocoa-based agroforestry plots in the south-east of Côte d'Ivoire, in order to assess environmental services such as carbon stocks in trees and the diversity of tree species. Different indicators will be tested and measured in the field. Great rigor in the collection of indicators and the application of methodologies will be required. You will ensure compliance with legal obligations, as well as the association's working principles and procedures.
- Participate in training on the association's inventory methods including the use of the ODK (Open Data Kit) tool
- Thoroughly inventory the tree species present in agroforestry plots and measure the various indicators (species, basal area, diameter, tree height, etc.)
- Identify species that can produce timber
- Identify the uses of tree species, lianescent: food, medicinal, artisanal, energetic, and species with cultural value (totem/taboo species)
- Identify species with special ecological status: classified according to the IUCN nomenclature, endemic character, current status of Ivorian flora
Position in service provision for a period of 3 months. The position is to be filled in early June 2021.