Nitidæ, a non-profit association under the French law of 1901, was born from the merging of two associations (Etc Terra and Rongead) in December 2017. Its mission is to design, develop and lead projects that preserve the environment while contributing to the local economy.
Created in 1983, Rongead conducted actions that aimed to improve agro value chains performance, increase producers’ incomes and value added growth in areas in which the association operates. Etc Terra, created in 2012, operated in field projects that combined preservation of natural resources and dynamic sustainable economy in rural territories.
This merger will enable to successfully combine more specific and complementary sectoral expertise. On one side: agriculture, markets and value chains ; on the other side: forest, climate, REDD+ and conservation. It will also allow to create an innovative interface, which will be able to offer integrated solutions for rural territories in Africa.
With an operational team of 100 people (economists, engineers, agronomists, forestry specialists, geographers, soil carbon scientists, GIS and remote sensing experts), Nitidæ is currently conducting approximately fifty projects mainly in Madagascar, Burkina Faso, Mozambique and Ivory Coast. Nitidæ also provides a technical expertise to agro-food industries and cosmetics companies wishing to improve agro value chains performance, mitigate their environmental impact (preserving natural resources, energy efficiency in the process of transformation, carbon offsetting) and stimulate local economic development in conjunction with producer organizations.
Download Nitidæ last annual report here
Download our status here
Download the members of our Board of Directors here
We are members of:
- 1% for the Planet (association approved by the collective) https://www.onepercentfortheplanet.fr/
- Scientific Committee of the National Strategy on Imported Deforestation - SNDI https://www.cst-foret.org/
- Collective 'Rethinking Value Chains' (Fondation pour le Progrès de l'Homme and GIZ) https://www.rethinkingvaluechains.com
- Lyon, Ville Equitable et Durable https://www.lyon.fr/economie/economie-sociale-et-solidaire/le-label-lyon-ville-equitable-et-durable
- UEBT - The Union for Ethical BioTrade - https://www.ethicalbiotrade.org
- IFOAM - https://www.ifoam.bio/
- FairForLife Standard Review Committee - http://www.fairforlife.org
- Commerce Equitable France - https://www.commercequitable.org/
- Max Havelaar France - https://maxhavelaarfrance.org
- PFE - Partenariat Français pour l'Eau - https://www.partenariat-francais-eau.fr/
- GTD - Groupe de Travail Désertification - http://www.gtdesertification.org/