FAIRSUCR - International Conference within the framework of UNCTAD XI - "Social and environmental conditions in the Brazilian sugar sector: a first approach"
Participate in the Conference UNCTAD XI and witness working conditions in the sugar sector.
- Strengthen the network of NGOs on the sugar theme.
- Transpose the different experiences.
- Improve knowledge of standards.
R1. Organization of a conference.
R2. Construction of a Europe-Brazil partnership on the dissemination of a standard in the sugar sector.
A1. Organization of an international conference of 200 people in Brazil: "Economic globalization versus social and environmental rights - the case of sugar".
A2. Two field missions performed by RONGEAD:
- A mission in the region of Piracicaba: organization of a conference at the UNIMEP (Methodist University of Piracicaba) - 200 participants - and meeting with IMAFLORA (Institute of Florestal and Agricultural Management), member of the collective.
- A mission carried out in collaboration with IMAFLORA, custodian of the socio-environmental norm in the Brazilian sugar sector.
Holder of a Master of Science, "Agricultural Engineer and territories development" from the Institut Supérieur d’Agriculture (ISARA Lyon), he brings his expertise in agro-food/agricultural sectors' analysis and development, strengthening of supplychain actors (producers, private/public actors, agro-food industries...), socio-economic analysis of agricultural chains and his great knowledge of companies in these marketsSee more