SUCRETIQ - Ethical Sugar program: based on the example of a fast-growing international agrifood sector marked by strong social inequalities
Promote reflection on the link between international trade and the application of human rights and carry out awareness and lobby
- Sensitize the actors of the sugar industry.
- Propose and enforce social and environmental standards.
- To reflect on the future of the CMO (Common Market Organization for Sugar) on the basis of exchanges between actors in the sector.
- Adopt a new generation of core and imperative standards for international trade.
R1. Launch of three campaigns :
1. awareness of Tereos (former Beghin Say),
2. action on the lobbies of the food industry consuming sugar,
3. sending petitions to Tereos,
R2. International dissemination of the sectoral code of conduct signed by representatives of the 25 countries of the European Union.
A1. Consultations with the European Commission on sugar, organization of informal meetings with researchers and international organizations.
A2. Analysis of the Brazilian law in the sugar sector.
Holder of a Master of Science, "Agricultural Engineer and territories development" from the Institut Supérieur d’Agriculture (ISARA Lyon), he brings his expertise in agro-food/agricultural sectors' analysis and development, strengthening of supplychain actors (producers, private/public actors, agro-food industries...), socio-economic analysis of agricultural chains and his great knowledge of companies in these marketsSee more