Holder of a Master of Science, "Agricultural Engineer and territories development" from the Institut Supérieur d’Agriculture (ISARA Lyon), he brings his expertise in agro-food/agricultural sectors' analysis and development, strengthening of supplychain actors (producers, private/public actors, agro-food industries...), socio-economic analysis of agricultural chains and his great knowledge of companies in these markets.
His extensive experience of business development tools and its knowledge of agro-food markets, make it possible to consider high level contribution in order to reinforce the socio-economic knowledge of the sector in its various dimensions (collection, processing, marketing). He has a good knowledge in development analysis and support to the value chain in the Sudan-Sahel region (cashew, sesame, shea, gum). He also has a strong expertise in the international market and companies operating in these markets. He was the head of mission for projects funded by the European Union, AFD and GIZ.
Management and fundraising
- Coordination of a team of 60 employees: headquarters and local teams in 5 countries
- Management and strategic development of the association
- Market analysis and added value chains development, capacity building of local actors (technical and organizational support to processors of agro-food products), socio-economic analysis of agricultural chains (cashew, cocoa, sesame, fonio, honey, cola nut, maize, rice, milk, banana, onion), development of arboreal sectors in disadvantaged contexts (shea, Arabic gum, cashew, cocoa)
- Support to local agro-food processing : studies competitiveness, quality, socio-environmental standards, local and international markets, trading and risk management, sectoral analysis and strategic diagnoses, financing and due diligence completion
- Chains & wholesale markets analysis (consultant for RUNGIS-SEMMARIS)
- Co-founder of the information service www.nkalo.com
- Certification system of production in rural context and support to cooperatives (Fair Trade, Collective Certification in Organic Farming, HACCP, codes of conduct, geographical indications)
- Analysis of agrarian systems and diversification (Mauritania, Mexico, Cameroun)
- Designing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of several projects of support to the rural world in Africa (European Union, the French Development Agency, the World Bank, the GIZ)
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation (expert for the EU)